I hope students are enjoying their long weekend! SAGE had lots of great sessions available, and I (Mrs. Gonske) enjoyed learning more about iPad apps to support learning in math and different activities to incorporate in a math workshop.
 |
| Measuring students' heights and recording them on a number line |
Some students have started asking about Mathletics (an online math program), as several other classes have tried it out. It is similar to Khan Academy, but has more features and is based on Canadian curriculum. Since the school is making the shift to purchase and use this program, our class will as well. Students may choose to continue using Khan Academy at home if they wish, but I will no longer be their "coach" and we will not be using it in class. More information will be sent home about Mathletics in the next two weeks.
 |
| Learning new vocabulary related to the fur trade by playing charades |
Students have started working on their fur trade project.
The project outline and rubric were sent home on Thursday to be signed by parents. Please look through it with your child. We have only started learning about the fur trade, so there are several questions in the booklet that your child does not know how to answer yet. I will assign portions of the research every couple of days to keep the students on track.
When their research is completed, they will begin putting their game together. I can't wait to see them - I've heard lots of creative ideas already!
 |
| Learning about explorers |
No comments:
Post a Comment